Dad's Childbirth Hospital Bag Checklist
The following checklist is a guide to help prepare a childbirth hospital bag.
It is important to prepare the bag a long time in advance in case a sudden emergency arises. Once prepared the hospital bag should be left close to the front door so that it can be grabbed as you leave the house.
In case your partner did not get round to preparing her Mum's Hospital Bag we have included a checklist here.
- Notes made during NCT class
- Birth plan
- Address book with phone numbers
- Books or magazines
- Crosswords etc
- Address book / list of contatct telephone numbers
- Change for car park and vending machines
- Comfortable shoes – preferably sports shoes
- Change of clothes including disposable underwear
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Toiletry bag
- Watch with a second hand to time contractions
- Swimwear if your partner is planning to use a birth pool
- Phone, camera or camcorder
- Painkillers for your headache
- Charged powerpack for your phone or other electrical devices
- Massage aids and oils
- Contact lens solution